Faculty and Staff
- Ph.D. in Science (Nagoya University, 2003)
- Educational Contents
Graduate Course: Ocean Environment and Climate Studies, Oceanic and Atmospheric Observations for Environmental Studies
- Research Interests
- Madden-Julian Oscillation, tropical-extratropical interaction, ocean-atmosphere interaction, and so on.
My research is based on field observations using research vessels as well as land-based sites in tropical islands.
- Message for Students
- Do enjoy your dry sponge period.
In my classes, you may learn not only about scientific knowledge on coupled ocean-atmosphere phenomena in the tropics but also their impact on our human society.
- Research Areas
- Tropical Meteorology
Meteorological Society of Japan, American Geophysical Union, American Meteorological Society
- Academic Journals
Journal of the Meteorological Society of Japan,
Geophysical Research Letters,
Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences,
Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, etc.
- International Conferences
- Conference on Hurricanes and Tropical Meteorology, American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, etc.