Faculty and Staff
- Educational Contents
Undergraduate Course: Maritime Environmental Management
Graduate Course: Advanced Maritime Environmental Management
- Research Interests
- Research Theme:
Maritime environmental management of antifouling biocides- TBT substitutes.
Ecotoxicological evaluation of ship diesel exhaust particulates on marine environment.
Ecotoxicity assessment of natural environments by biomonitoring.
accelerated solvent extraction, algae, anion, antifouling agent, biocide, bioassay, bioassay-guided fractionation, bioluminescence, biomonitoring, chemical analysis, chemiluminescence, copper pyrithione, crustacean, duckweed, ecotoxicity, freeze dry, fluorescence, fluorometer, growth inhibition test, herbicide, high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), ion exchange, Irgarol 1051, lethality test, microplate, mutagenic assay, nitrated polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, particle analyzer, particulate matter, pesticide, photobacteria, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), sediment, solid phase extraction, TBT substitute, triphenylborane pyridine, umu test, water, zinc pyrithione, etc.
- Message for Students
- No pains, no gains.
- Research Areas
- Maritime Environmental Management, Environmental Toxicology, Environmental Chemistry
- Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, The Japan Institute of Marine Engineering, Society of Sea Water Science Japan, Japan Society on Water Environment, Japan Society for Environmental Chemistry, The Japanese Society of Environmental Toxicology, Japan Society of Material Cycles and Waste Management, Society of Environmental Science Japan, Japan Humic Substances Society
- Academic Journals
- Archives of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, Chemosphere, Environmental Pollution, Environmental Toxicology, Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, Journal of Environmental Science and Health, Journal of Health Science, Journal of Hazardous Materials, Marine Pollution Bulletin, Science of the Total Environment, Water Research, etc.
Japanese Journals: Journal of the Japan Institute of Marine Engineering, Bulletin of the Society of Sea Water Science Japan, Journal of Japan Society on Water Environment, Journal of Environmental Chemistry, Japanese Journal of Environmental Toxicology, Material Cycles and Waste Management Research, Environmental Science, etc.
- International Conferences
- SETAC meeting (Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry), ISTA (International Symposium on Toxicity Assessment), CEMEPE (International Conference on Environmental Management, Engineering, Planning and Economics), etc.