Faculty and Staff
- Associate Professor
- Ph. D in Science (Kyoto University, 2000)
- Educational Contents
Undergraduate Course: Meteorology, Meteorological Information and Analysis
Graduate Course: Advanced Maritime Meteorology, Marine Meteorology and Environment Science
- Research Interests
Dr. Ohsawa is engaged in analyses and numerical simulations of local atmospheric and oceanic phenomena and their applications for engineering. He particularly devotes himself to investigations of sea surface wind, which are needed in various engineering applications in coastal areas. Offshore wind resource assessment with a mesoscale model and satellite data is his main topic in the latest several years.
- Message for Students
- Offshore wind will be a key player as a promising energy source in Japan as well as in the world, since it can be greatly helpful for CO2 reduction and reinforcement of energy security in the future. Let's study with us!
- Meteorology, Wind Engineering
- Meteorological Society of Japan, The Marine Meteorological Society, Japan Wind Energy Association, Japan Association for Wind Engineering, Japan Institute of Navigation, The Japan Society of Naval Architects and Ocean Engineers
- Academic Journals
- Wind Energy, Journal of Meteorological Society of Japan, Journal of Geophysical Research, Scientific Online Letters on the Atmosphere, Journal of Wind Engineering, Journal of Applied Meteorology, Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, The Journal of Japan Institute of Navigation etc.
- International Conferences
- European Wind Energy Conference, World Wind Energy Conference, European Offshore Wind Conference, International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference, Techno-Ocean, Renewable Energy, etc.