Faculty and Staff
- Ph. D in Engineering (Graduate School of Mechanical Engineering, Tohoku University, 1991)
- Educational Contents
Undergraduate Course: Material Mechanics 1, Material Mechanics 2, Introduction to Latest Marine Equipment and Technology
Graduate Course: Shock Science for transport
- Research Interests
- All members in my laboratory are going to clarify the phenomena with generation and propagation of shock waves and apply that to various outstanding problems in the field of maritime sciences. Each research has been carried out experimentally, numerically or analytically. Recently, in particular, the studies on interaction between microbubbles and underwater shock waves and generating procedure of underwater shock waves are continued for establishment of sterilization treatment technology of ship ballast water.
- Message for Students
- During your student days, you can do and learn whatever you want. I am looking forward to seeing you with your curiosity about my research field.
- Shock Wave Engineering, Compressible Fluid Dynamics
- International Shock Wave Institute, The Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, The Japan Institute of Marine Engineering, The Visualization Society of Japan, The Japan Society of Naval Architects and Ocean Engineers, The Society of Materials Science, Japan
- Academic Journals
- Shock Waves, Journal of Fluid Science and Technology, Transaction of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Journal of the JIME
- International Conferences
- International Symposium on Shock Waves, International Symposium on Marine Engineering