Faculty and Staff
- Ph. D. in Engineering (Osaka University, 1993)
- Educational Contents
The Liberal arts: Resource, Materials and Energy A
Undergraduate Course: Physical Chemistry Ⅰ, Subatomic Physical Chemistry
Graduate Course: Radiation Science and Application 1&2, Nano-Scale Material Science
- Research Interests
Fundamentals and Application of Solids State Nuclear Track Detectors: I have been working with SSNTDs, in which the trajectory of energetic proton and heavy ions in some dielectric materials are visualized by chemical treatments. This is a passive radiation detector utilized in various branches of science and technology such as nuclear physics, cosmic rays, dosimetry in space, neutron dosimetry, radiation biology, dating, laser driven particle acceleration and so on. The formation process of tracks in solids has been investigated from viewpoint of radiation physics and radiation chemistry. A new physical concept of Radial Electron Fluence around In Tracks has been proposed to describe the detection threshold of SSNTDs.
- Message for Students
My students, colleagues and I are solving the problem on the track structure and track formation process in PADC, which is the most sensitive SSNTD usually called CR-39, as well as in other polymeric materials like PC, PET, PI, CN etc. My colleagues are in University of Strasbourg, France, National Institute for Quantum and Radiological Science and Technology, QST, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, and Kansai Photon Science Institute. We will support you to do make your Ph. D. study under our international academic network.
- Radiation Physics, Radiation Chemistry, Radiation Measurements, Applications of Ion beam
- The Japan Society of Applied Physics, International Nuclear Track Society, Atomic Energy Society of Japan, The Japan Society of Calorimetry and Thermal Analysis
- Academic Journals
- Radiation Measurement, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physical Research, Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Applied Physics Express, The Journal of Physical Chemistry
- International Conferences
- International Conference on Nuclear Tracks and Radiation Measurements, International Symposium on Ionizing Radiation and Polymers, International Conference on Radiation Effects in Insulators