Faculty and Staff
- Associate professor
- Ph. D in Engineering (Osaka University, 1995)
- Educational Contents
Undergraduate Course: Manufacturing Processes, Mechanical Drawing
Graduate Course: Machine Design of Ocean and Offshore Structures
- Research Interests
We enjoy carrying out experimental and theoretical researches into the better understanding of mechanical behavior of structures. The main theoretical tools are mechanical and thermal modeling and simulation. This needs experimental information about the mechanical and thermal properties of the materials; and experimental studies of the structures itself to validate the conclusions of modeling.
A major current activity is research into experimental investigation and numerical analysis of the mechanical behavior of the structures by taking account of interface stiffness.
Other current activities are metal machining; the emphasis is the prediction of chip flow, tool stresses and temperatures by finite element modeling.
- Message for Students
- You should be curious about science.
- Strength of Materials, Manufacturing Processes
- The Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, The Japan Society for Precision Engineering, The Japan Society for Computational Engineering and Science
- Academic Journals
- Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Journal of Advanced Mechanical Design, Systems, and Manufacturing, Precision Engineering,, Transaction of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- International Conferences
- Annual Meeting of the American Society for Precision Engineering