Faculty and Staff
- Associate professor
- M.S. in Health and Physical Education (University of Tsukuba)
- Educational Contents
Undergraduate Course: Aquatic Sports, Practice of Health and Sports Science
Graduate Course: Biomechanics of Human Movement
- Research Interests
My area of research is biomechanics of human movement, especially in aquatic sport. The main goal of sport biomechanics is to understand the cause-effect mechanisms that make some techniques better than others. The main tool in my research is motion analysis, in which the three-dimensional location of a number of anatomical points are obtain through video during a human movement,
- Analysis of the sculling movement in competitive swimming and synchronized swimming.
- Estimation of the exercise intensity during the movement in water.
- Message for Students
- I welcome the students who are interested in human exercise. I research mainly about the exercise in water, but do not mind you are concerned with even land exercise.
- Sport biomechanics, Sports methodology of swimming
- Japan Society of Physical Education, Health and Sport Sciences, Japanese Society of Biomechanics, Japanese Society of Sciences in Swimming and Water Exercise, International Society of Biomechanics in Sports
- Academic Journals
- Sports Biomechanics, Japanese Journal of Sciences in swimming and water exercise,
- International Conferences
- ISBS Conference, Biomechanics and Medicine in Swimming