Faculty and Staff
- Ph. D in Engineering (Kyoto University, 1999)
- Educational Contents
Undergraduate Course: Heat Transfer, Materials and Environmental Engineering
Graduate Course: Thermal Energy Transport, Marine Thermal Energy Utilization
- Research Interests
We have been engaged in a broad program of experimental and theoretical studies on heat transfer. Our particular motivation has generally been the problems associated with nuclear reactor accidents and power plant boilers. We also specialize in general heat transfer problems such as heat exchanger performance and energy conservation problems.Our current researches are focused on single-phase heat transfer, boiling heat transfer, transient heat transfer, heat transfer process accompanying chemical reactions.
- Steady/unsteady state forced convection heat transfer
- Boiling heat transfer
- Appllication of heat pipe
- Steady/unsteady critical heat flux of pool boiling and flow boiling
- Message for Students
- Time and tide stay for no man. Let's enhance the smart use of time. We are looking forward to your taking a part in our laboratory and doing research with you.
- Nuclear Engineering, Energy Engineering, Marine Engineering
- The Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, The American Society of Mechanical Engineers, The Japan Institute of Marine Engineering, The Atomic Energy Society of Japan, The Japan Society of Naval Architects and Ocean Engineers, etc.
- Academic Journals
- Journal of Thermal Science and Technology, Journal of the Japan Institute of Marine Engineering, Journal of Power and Energy Systems, Nuclear Engineering and Technology, Experimental Heat Transfer, International Journal of Transport Phenomena, etc
- International Conferences
- International Heat Transfer Conference, International Conference on Nuclear Engineering, International Symposium on Heat Transfer, International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Reactor Thermal hydraulics, etc.