Faculty and Staff
- Ph.D. in Engineering (Doshisha University, 1997)
- Educational Contents
Undergraduate Course: Basic Seminar, General Seminar, Basic Maritime Practices, Mechanical Drawing, Introduction to Latest Marine Equipment and Technology, Internal Combustion Engines, Marine Engineering Laboratory
Graduate Course: Energy and Environment, Advanced Energy and Environment
- Research Interests
Internal combustion engines are machineries those principles have been invented more than 100 years ago. Still today, they are being modified with several newly developed technologies in order to improve energy efficiencies or emissions characteristics. In my laboratory, we are investigating about alternative fuels, such as biofuels (Palm oil, Rape-seed oil, Jatropha oil, etc.) and chemical substances (Dimethyl ether, Ethanol, etc.) with operations of practical engines. Also, characteristics of fluidity and atomization of those fuels are analyzed with experimental instruments originally made by our laboratory. Moreover, we are trying research works by use of Marine Engine Plant Simulator (Engine Room Simulator) which is used for maritime education and training.
- Combustion Improvement of Various Engine Fuels by Mixing Liquefied Dimethyl Ether
- Combustion Characteristics Analyses of Diesel Fuels by Various Emulsification Methods
- Study in Application of Biofuels to Diesel Engines
- Combustion Analysis of Alcohol Blended Fuel in Outboard Engine
- Spray Characteristics of Diesel Fuel Spray
- Study of Measurement Method of Fuels Blended with Volatile Substances
- Relation of Main Engine Emission Characteristics to Marine Engine Plant Simulator, and so on.
- Message for Students
- The instructors will help in planning and carrying out experiments, but each student is encouraged to do them by his/her own ability. It is needless to say that results of research works are important. But processes to obtain them are more important to cultivate one's ability. So, I recommend each student to think well and spend enough time in preparation of experiment. I hope you can join to my laboratory in near future !
- Internal Combustion Engine, Energy Conversion Engineering, Thermal Engineering
- Society of Automotive Engineers International, Japan Institute of Marine Engineering, Japan Society of Naval Architects and Ocean Engineers, Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan, Institute of Liquid Atomization and Spray Systems - Japan
- Academic Journals
- Journal of Marine Engineering, Journal of SAE International, International Journal Energy
- International Conferences
- International Symposium of Marine Engineering (ISME), Advanced Maritime Engineering Conference (AMEC), International Conference on Engine Room Simulators (ICERS), International Conference on Liquid Atomization and Spray Systems (ICLASS)