Faculty and Staff
- Associate Professor
- Ph. D in Economics (Kyoto University, 2003)
- Educational Contents
Introductory Seminar I, Economics I (Microeconomics), Transportation Economics, Air Transport Economics, Project Seminar, and English for Logistics Business
Graduate Course: International Transportation Economics and Advanced International Transportation
- Research Interests
From an economic perspective, I am engaged in constructing efficient global transportation networks, including such subjects as global alliances, air/maritime network analyses, and hub location problems. Now it is getting more and more important to internalize environmental costs with the increasing globalization of logistics activities.
Another main interest is the analysis of the competitive position of cities and the relationship between hub locations and urban growth in the context of "Spatial Economics".
To tackle these issues, an interdisciplinary approach combining a wide range of social and natural sciences is indispensable.
- Message for Students
- Make the most of now, Make it happen, and Go beyond your border!
Let's work together on the international campus, the Graduate School of Maritime Sciences at Kobe University!!
- Aviation/Airport Economics, Transportation Economics, Urban Economics etc.
- The Air Transport Research Society (ATRS), Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies (EASTS), The Japan Society of Transportation Economics (JSTE), Japan Society of Logistics and Shipping Economics (JSLSE), Applied Regional Science Conference (ARSC)
- Academic Journals
- Transportation Research Part E, Journal of Air Transport Management, Journal of Transport Geography, Pacific Economic Review, Journal of Airport Management, Journal of the Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies, The Korean Transport Policy Review
- International Conferences
- The Air Transport Research Society (ATRS) World Conference, Conference on Applied Infrastructure Research (INFRADAY), The International Conference of Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies (EASTS), The International Conference on Transportation and Logistics (T-LOG)