Faculty and Staff
- Ph.D in Engineering (Chiba University, 1993)
- Educational Contents
Undergraduate Course: Oceanography, Marine Information Analysis, Satellite Oceanography
Graduate Course: Ocean Remote Sensing, Advanced Ocean Remote Sensing
- Research Interests
- Our research group has investigated the evaluation of offshore wind energy resources by using synthetic aperture radar and mesoscale meteorological model. Characteristics of our research is not only analyze satellite images but also the application for developing offshore wind energy resources using validation of in situ measurement with model-simulated wind data.
- Message for Students
- Our research group is a part of the Marine Meteorological Laboratory consisting of 4 faculty members with various backgrounds. We encourage students to attend an Air-sea seminar every week where all students in the laboratory join active discussion with students' presentations.
- Satellite Oceanography
- The Remote Sensing Society of Japan, Japan Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, The Oceanographic Society of Japan, The Marine Meteorological Society, The American Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing
- Academic Journals
- Journal of Remote Sensing Society of Japan, UMI TO SORA (Journal of the Marine Meteorological Society), Advances in Space Research (Journal of COSPAR)
- International Conferences
- European Offshore Wind Conference, Pan Ocean Remote Sensing Conference,
Committee on Space Research (COSPAR) General Meeting