Faculty and Staff
- PhD in Engineering (Kyoto University, 1990)
- Educational Contents
Undergraduate Course: Terminal Planning
Graduate Course: Advanced Logistics System
- Research Interests
- Facility planning and operation scheduling for marine container logistics
- Message for Students
- My research mainly focuses on planning and scheduling of container logistics. While this research topic is not popular in Japan, it is intensively investigated in foreign countries, especially those with modern and efficient container terminals. The outcome of my research works accelerates a progress of marine container terminal innovation in Japan to make terminals competitive against modern terminals in neighboring countries.
- INFORMS (Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences), Japan Society of Civil Engineering, Japan Institute of Navigation, etc.
- Academic Journals
- Transportation Science, Transportation Research Part-B & Part-E, European Journal of Operational Research, Journal of Advanced Transportation, Maritime Policy & Management, Maritime Economics & Logistics
- International Conferences
- IFORS, IAME, T-LOG, MTEC